The holiday season is full of gatherings, and what better way to impress your guests than with a delicious appetizer?
Look no further than the Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball. This savory treat combines classic flavors like ranch, cheddar cheese, and green onions with the unbeatable combination of bacon and pecans.
Not only is it easy to make, but it’s also a crowd-pleaser that is sure to disappear quickly.
Perfect for any occasion, from holiday parties to family get-togethers, the Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball will become a staple in your recipe book.
History of Cheeseballs
Cheeseballs have been around since the 1800s, and they have become a classic party staple.
The original cheeseball recipe included just cream cheese and cheddar cheese, but now there are so many variations available.
Today, cheeseballs come in a wide variety of flavors and are a favorite among many.
The Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball is a flavorful and easy-to-make cheeseball that is perfect for any party. Here are the ingredients you will need:
- 2 packages cream cheese (8 oz.)
- 1 packet dry buttermilk ranch dressing mix (1 oz.)
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 6 pieces fried and crumbled bacon
- 1/4 cup chopped black olives (optional)
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans or almonds for coating
- Start by mixing the cream cheese and dry buttermilk ranch dressing mix. If you have a mixer, use the paddle attachment to make it easier, but you can mix it by hand in a bowl until smooth.
- Add the cheddar cheese, green onion, bacon, and olives (if using) to the mixture. If you are short on time, you can use real bacon bits instead of frying and crumbling the bacon.
- Shape the mixture into a ball or two smaller balls.
- Roll the ball in finely chopped pecans or almonds to coat the outside.
- Keep the cheese ball stored in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Can I use other nuts instead of pecans or almonds?
Yes, you can use any kind of nuts you like. Walnuts, pistachios, and cashews are also great options.
Can I make the cheeseball ahead of time?
Yes, you can make the cheeseball a day ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve.
Can I add different ingredients to the cheeseball?
Absolutely! Cheeseballs are versatile, and you can add other ingredients to suit your taste. Some ideas include diced jalapeños, garlic, and different types of cheese.
What can I serve with the cheeseball?
Serve the cheeseball with crackers, pretzels, or sliced vegetables. The possibilities are endless!
The Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball is a classic party appetizer that is always a hit.
It is easy to make, and the combination of bacon, ranch flavor, green onions, cheddar cheese, and crunchy pecans is unbeatable.
Give this recipe a try at your next party and watch it disappear!