Hot spinach artichoke dip is a delicious appetizer that is perfect for any party.
It’s a creamy dip filled with cheese, spinach, and chopped artichokes that are melted together and baked until it’s hot and bubbly in a skillet that’s ready for dipping.
If you love warm dips, then you must try these tried and true favorites like this chicken alfredo dip, this crab dip or this yummy hot corn dip.
Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe
Every time I go to a restaurant and spinach artichoke dip is on the menu, you can bet that I am ordering it!
But I want this way too often only to have it when I go out to eat! I came up with this recipe to have restaurant-quality dip at home, whenever you want.
And let me tell you, you are going to love this hot spinach artichoke dip! It’s creamy, rich, and thick, and your guests will be sitting by the food table dipping all night long.
This is a spinach artichoke dip filled with a hidden ingredient, mayonnaise, blends so well with all the flavors, giving it an extra boost.
The blended cheeses melt in your mouth and have a subtle artichoke taste.
Plus, because you cook and serve it straight from the baking dish, it stays warm for a long time!
Everyone loves this dip, so make sure to serve it up with a crostini as your next appetizer for any party!
Ingredients in Spinach Artichoke Dip
Cream Cheese, Sour Cream, Mayonnaise, Garlic Cloves, Mozzarella Cheese, Parmesan Cheese, Artichokes, and Spinach.
How to Make Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a medium-sized bowl add the cream cheese, sour cream, and mayonnaise and mix until incorporated.
- Add the garlic, mozzarella cheese, parmesan, artichokes, and spinach.
- Spread the mixture evenly into a 1-quart baking dish.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until it is heated throughout and bubbly.
- Serve warm with sliced baguette or crackers.
Tips and Variations
- Thawing your spinach is best for this spinach artichoke dip. Once it is thawed, remove as much water/liquid from the spinach.
- You can use fresh spinach in this dip. Just make sure it is cooked before adding it to the mixture and then chop it up into pieces you prefer.
- If you would like a fresh artichoke, remove the prickly outside parts on the artichoke then chop it up.
- Substitute the cheese for Monterey Jack or fontina cheese for different flavoring.
- Add in garlic powder or for a spicy hot spinach artichoke dip try adding in red pepper flakes.
- To keep this spinach artichoke dip warm add it to a slow cooker on warm, stirring it occasionally.
What to Serve with Spinach Artichoke Dip
The options are endless with this dip! There are so many ways to dip and enjoy. Try these variations of what to serve with your spinach artichoke dip and watch it disappear quickly.
- Crackers: Ritz, CLUB crackers, or wheat thins are great for dipping.
- Chips: Tortilla chips or pita chips are always easiest.
- Bread: French baguette, a crostini or pita bread are perfect for dipping!
- Vegetables: Cucumbers, bell peppers, carrots or celery all have a great crunch.
- Pretzels: Bigger, flatter pretzels are best and thick
What is hot spinach artichoke dip?
Hot spinach artichoke dip is a popular appetizer made from a combination of spinach, artichokes, cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic, and various seasonings. The ingredients are blended together and then baked until hot and bubbly.
What are the ingredients needed to make hot spinach artichoke dip?
To make hot spinach artichoke dip, you will need spinach, artichokes, cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic, Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, salt, and pepper.
How do you make hot spinach artichoke dip?
To make hot spinach artichoke dip, preheat the oven to 350°F. In a large mixing bowl, combine the spinach, artichokes, cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic, Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper. Mix well until all ingredients are thoroughly combined. Transfer the mixture to a baking dish and sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on top. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Can I use frozen spinach in this recipe?
Yes, you can use frozen spinach in this recipe. Just make sure to thaw and drain it well before using it.
Can I make this dip ahead of time?
Yes, you can make this dip ahead of time. Simply prepare the dip as instructed and transfer it to a baking dish. Cover the dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to bake. When you’re ready to serve, remove the plastic wrap and bake in the oven as instructed.
What can I serve with hot spinach artichoke dip?
Hot spinach artichoke dip can be served with various types of bread, crackers, or tortilla chips. Some popular options include sliced baguette, pita chips, wheat crackers, or corn chips.
How many servings does this recipe make? A:
This recipe makes about 8-10 servings, depending on the size of the servings.
How long can I keep leftovers of hot spinach artichoke dip in the fridge?
Leftovers of hot spinach artichoke dip can be stored in the fridge for up to 3-4 days in an airtight container. Reheat in the oven or microwave before serving.
Can I freeze hot spinach artichoke dip?
Yes, you can freeze hot spinach artichoke dip. Prepare the dip as instructed, but don’t bake it. Instead, transfer the mixture to a freezer-safe container and freeze for up to 2 months. When you’re ready to serve, thaw the dip in the fridge overnight and then bake in the oven as instructed.